Tuesday 22 June 2010

A 'scouting' wander

I'm sure you're aware that I'm partial to the odd #wander. Well, after stumbling across the Scouting NY blog (www.scoutingny.com) I was rather taken with his style - often finding one building and really looking at it.


So, I thought I'd have a go... so here are a couple of my current favourite buildings.

This is a Watson Fothergill building on Thurland Street. It was built for the Nottingham & Nottinghamshire Bank between 1877 and 1882.

It has been suggested that he had an almost limitless budget... and you can see why.

The shots are of Broadway in the Lace Market. You've seen it before on this blog, but I've never taken any decent shots before.

Built in the middle of the 19th Century, this street once house lace making offices, showrooms and warehouses.

Lastly, this building sits on the corner of High Street and Pelham Street and was designed by Nottingham architect Albert Nelson Bromley and built 1903-1904. It was a Boots flagship store.

This was also my first test of the 'Blogo' blog editing software. I hope this looks better than my usual postings.


1 comment:

  1. Smashing buildings. It's amazing how many of these you can wander past in a city without even noticing!

    ReplyDelete