Friday 30 April 2010

A London #wander

I had to go to London for work today. I normally work in Nottingham, but our head office is in the capital. It was the announcement of our 6-monthly financial results, and frankly, they were rather reassuring. Phew.


Anyway, despite the fact that I've been to London dozens of times (my lovely wife and I did most of our courting there), and also my deep distrust of Southerners (except for my Southerner father, natch) I always feel rather excited at the prospect of going to 'That London'.


There is something special about London. It is filthy and expensive, and fights you at every turn, but it is exciting, historic and exotic, and has a strong pull on us parochial boys. I've spent the last 15 years living in a city that makes my hometown look like a backwoods hamlet, but London blows Nottingham out of the water.


If I ever get the chance, I'll do you a London #wander - including the London Stone.


It was only a very short #wander. The office is VERY close to the train station, and Kings Cross really isn't an area where a clever person walks about with a camera in his hand. So, here are a few shots from my walk there, and back. I will try and annotate them properly in due course.




























My destination...


And home again...



























No comments:

Post a Comment